Friday 17 May 2013

One calendar month Post-Op!

It's a month ago, today, since Kate had her surgery.  Here are some pics to compare and my current thoughts.

15/05/2013

Before pic from March 2013
Recent Pic, May 2013


Before pic showing dip in forehead

17 May 2013 
17 May 2013
My thoughts and observations: 

I still think her right eye 'looks' bigger than her left, which was the original thing that I flagged up  when she was a tiny baby.   The surgery was frontal orbital remodelling, so we thought it was supposed to correct this, as well as her head-shape and the premature fusion of the coronal suture.  She still has a little darkness to the skin under her eyes.

Her forehead is definitely more even and rounded, without a flat/dipped bit above HER left eye (looking her and the pics - on the right).   I still think her forehead is a bit swollen.  I think her facial symmetry is better and this is all good :)

I hadn't noticed her eye being turned in (called a squint) before the op but now I look I can see it was a bit pre-op, but it looks more pronounced now, post-op. We were hoping surgery would avoid her getting a squint. 

Now that the stitches are loosening and when the wind blows, you can easily see her scar and stitches , but when her hair grows some more this will be hidden I'm sure.

We've got completely back to normal, going to classes, toddler group and I'm even taking her to a fun place we love with a bouncy castle today.  She had a bad knock to the head the other day but she's fine, and we've stopped giving her any medicine at all now as she seems fine & isn't obviously swelling up any more.  




No comments:

Post a Comment