Wednesday 5 June 2013

5th June, 7 weeks post-op

Just a quick post to say Kate still has very slight dark marks under her eyes still but they are fading.

The scab of her scar is beginning to come off in bits with the stitches and the skin looks great, though you can see through it a dark line, that I think is where you can see where the bone was cut - or maybe it is just the scar. It's hard to tell when they hardly shaved off any of her hair. I can't really see!


We have her eye appointment next Thursday.  This is with the original Opthalmologist department at our local hospital, Sutton Eye Hospital.  We'll see the consultant that originally referred us to Great Ormond Street before we knew she had Craniosynostosis.  Her squint looks much less than before when I've posted, but I'm keen to discuss what might happen and how this will be dealt with if it doesn't correct itself.

I've noticed since our 5 year old's class at school had vision checks that a few have now got glasses.  One Mum I spoke to yesterday said it's because her daughter has a lazy eye (similar to, or can cause a squint) and they're doing glasses before patching.  The squint operation isn't anything major but it is something I'd like to avoid, obviously!


I'll post again when we've had our appointment next week at the eye hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment