Wednesday 17 April 2013

After surgery

Lots of checking by various nurses & basically keeping her on maxim drugs (morphine & paracetamol) seems to be the way to go for us. She is very distressed if she wakes & a couple of times its been quite awful steadying her & the some of the attachments have got lost or tangled in the struggle. The arterial line is the one to always keep attached!

A couple of people 'in on her surgery' came fairly quickly and then one of the Surgeons, Professor Hayward, came to let us know it all went very well, as expected and as it should gave done. This is good to hear.

Her eyes are swollen shut though. I knew this might happen. They were literally blue (eyelids) and now worse & purple. We've been warned that the swelling comes out over time so this is likely to get even worse, better, worse & then better again and then fine in the end.

Hubby went home about 8 and I got the chair sorted for me to sleep & I was pleased to find it goes flat. I have tried to sleep but the smaller baby next to us wouldn't settle & then Kate was sick at 10.30pm Bless her. She hasn't even had any food or drink yet, though I've tried to offer her some milk.

I changed her nappy as we were disturbing her anyway. Then she had another little episode where she tried to turn over & I had to get a nurse to help me.

Kate's now snoring & it appears everyone but the nurses and I are asleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment