Friday 19 April 2013

End of Post Op Day 2 - Fri 19th April 2013

Daddy arrived before we got moved, temporarily to a private room by the nurses reception desk, still on Koala ward.  I was glad we weren't staying there with all the chatting, congregating of doctors and nurses and phone constantly ringing.

Here, Kate got her first hospital lunch I'd ordered earlier. She took a couple of teaspoons of each thing but had much more fun poking peas into my and Daddy's mouth & laughing.  At this point she had one tiny slit she could see through so had also been watching TV.   The red and swelling was beginning to come up under her eyes too now.  I noticed she was pulling a strange face, stretching her mouth a lot so I mentioned it to the nurse and she got someone from Craniofacial to come and look at this and she doesn't think it's anything to worry about.  Daddy thinks its her straining her face to look out of her eyes anyway.


After this food, she really perked up and chatted, and played with us, the iPad Daddy had brought in and looked at her books.  She then had some milk and I pushed her round in her pushchair to sleep. 



We then got moved to Peter Pan Ward, which is in the older section of building, but we got a private room and a cot for Kate, at my request as she's now getting back to her normal self, I would expect her to climb out of the bed.   She seemed to like it and the new surroundings, especially as by now she could see a little more out of both eyes.  She chatted a lot and even did some moves, standing up in the cot.



As planned, I'm doing a night-shift swap with Daddy.  So, I got Kate's milk while he went to get himself some food and got her into bed and then left for home when he got back.   That was about 8pm and it takes a while to get home so I'm just writing this before going to bed.  Apparently she's already woken and had a Facetime chat with Daddy using his iPhone & iPad - they are in the same room! Such geeks!






No comments:

Post a Comment