Sunday 21 April 2013

Day 4 post-op morning

I didn't have a good night. Kate woke at 12.30 crying & wouldn't settle. Ibuprofen hadn't been subscribed (because she'd been taken off the system it needed a Dr to do it again) so she ended up in my bed. I woke at 5am & tried to put her back in the cot.  She fussed & we got up at 6.20am.

Her eyes are both half open & some of the swelling has gone down. You can see her checks & dimples now.

I got dressed before 8 as previously the Drs have been round about 8.30 & I didn't want to miss them. They came about 11 & checked redness in her eye I was worried about.  They said they're quite ok with us going home today. But, if we do we are discharged so anything after we can phone up to ask about but have to go to/be referred back via GP, so we need to be sure. I said I'd wait for Daddy to come but pretty sure we'll go home today.

I started ringing my Mum & sister to sort out arrangements as Nikki gas a party to go to today & they've basically sorted that between them and are feeding her a proper dinner before she comes home, and making a dinner for us.

Engineering works & Sunday services are going to hinder our journey home but well get picked up nearer home by my Dad.

Daddy just came back so we'll sort lunch & discharge paperwork next.


No comments:

Post a Comment