Saturday 20 April 2013

Day 3 post op : morning

I asked the mums on some cranio groups last night about the swelling & one kind mum posted her post-op photos. Looks like the swelling goes down as quickly as it goes up, so hopefully in a few days she'll look more like Kate again.

I slept right through until 7am at home. I started to think about the practicalities of coming home. I have a Mum on standby to take Nikki to school on Monday morning who would be going past our house anyway. She knew about Kate's op and its silly not to ask for help. I'm dreading all the mums asking about what's happened to her & not sure how happy she'd be to be left outside while I take Nikki in.

Nikki (our 5yr old) had been at my sister's last night with her cousins and was due to come by our house to collect her arm bands on route to the other Grandma's to go swimming. I was now due to be there when they came & my sister thought she'd be happy to see me (in fact she wasn't really bothered!). I obviously wanted to see her but didn't want to upset her by seeing me when I was going away again.

I scooped her up from the car into a cuddle and took her in for a chat & I tried to prise out of her what she's been doing for the last 3 days! I showed her the videos of Kate playing (now on this blog). She'd seen the photos on the Blog with my mum after school yesterday. I'd asked her to show Nikki. She asked for more & so I showed her all the photos I'd taken off my camera on the computer.

She said she wants to see Kate. I explained that her eyes are too sore but we may be able to bring her home & all be home again tomorrow. She said she'd like to have another sleepover at Aunty Nina's if she needs another sleepover. Not a surprise, as she adores her cousins :)

I then spoke to Daddy who said Kate had been up & on her feet in the room last night & he was in the playroom with her when I rang. She'd had some milk but refused breakfast. I'm on the train again going back now.



No comments:

Post a Comment