Wednesday 24 April 2013

Day 6 Post-op & Scar pics

We had a very bad night with Kate waking only an hour after we'd given her paracetamol.

She didn't seem to want to be flat & I sat up with her for ages in our bed, and every time I tried to get comfortable or she slipped down a bit she cried and fussed.  Eventually at 4am I brought her downstairs where she asked for TV and played a little.  About 7am I put her in her pushchair in front of the TV so she could go back to sleep but still be more upright. Nikki got up and came down and woke her up.  I shouted at Nikki, and both ended up crying :(

Daddy gave them both some chocolate balls for breakfast that dissipated it!

Her eyes look better than yesterday but her forehead and head seemed more swollen to me.  Maybe that's why she wasn't happy in the night.

Morning day 6 post-op

I realised I haven't tried to picture her scar, as it's so well hidden by her hair, so today I took these. It goes in a zig zag from her ear, in a loop around her crown and back down to the other ear.





We got to school on time and then friends came to visit and she just wasn't happy. She moaned and clung a lot to me.   She eventually went to sleep after two attempts at taking her round the block in her pushchair.

I'd kept on with alternating paracetamol & ibuprofen today but she woke after her sleep & was still not very happy.   After the school Nikki and Kate played in the garden with their tea-set and were OK for a while.  Then Grandma came to see us and she was clingy again, but perked up after eating a reasonable dinner.  
Dinner time - Day 6 post-op
She also ate fruit & pudding today, so a full dinner, but hardly drank any bedtime milk.  Tonight, we'll wake her and give her ibuprofen at midnight.  That is supposed to help with the swelling so fingers crossed for a better night tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment